Missoula Building Industry Association
The Missoula Building Industry Association is a nonprofit, membership-based association of builders as well as plumbers, bankers, excavators and a variety of other professionals whose businesses relate to the Missoula building industry. More than 100 different types of businesses belong to MBIA.
The association works at the local level to educate and promote the building industry, particularly residential construction, which has a positive, direct impact on the U.S. economy. MBIA cites the National Association of Home Builders’ statistics that each new single-family house built connects directly to three jobs. About half of the three jobs created by building an average single-family house are in the construction industry with the other jobs spread over other sectors, with manufacturing ranking second, MBIA states. NAHB estimates each new single-family house generates a total of $90,000 in government revenue: $67,000 in federal taxes and $23,000 in state and local taxes.
In addition to representing members on building trade issues at the local, state and national levels, the association provides networking events, educational and professional development events, newsletters and access to insurance coverage opportunities.
- Student Built House #2: This is a $300,000 house was built by the MBIA Building Futures Program, The University of Montana – Missoula College and The Flagship Program. An annual project, the 2012 house is located at 4860 Jeff Drive on the southern hills of Missoula; it is approximately 1,558 finished square feet with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. It sold by raffle fall of 2012, with proceeds used to fund both future projects and scholarships to eligible students who were involved.
- Annual Trade Show, in the spring.
- Annual Parade of Homes, in the fall.
- Annual charity auction.
- Annual golf tournament.
- Targeted member services such as the Remodelers Council and Green Building Program.
- Local partnerships with the UM Missoula College and Missoula Flagship Program.
For more information, please contact the association by phone at 406.543.4423; or fax 406.721.5076. Its office is located south of downtown at 1840 South Avenue.
Find MBIA online at buildmissoula.com.
At the state level, the Montana Building Industry Association can be found online at montanabia.com/.