Manufacturing Extension Center
The Montana Manufacturing Extension Center provides technical, business management, growth services and engineering assistance statewide to small and mid-sized manufacturers. Its mission is to help manufacturers be successful via direct, unbiased engineering and managerial help.
MMEC’s engineer field consultants are expert in:
- Solving problems on the manufacturing floor.
- Designing effective plant layouts.
- Quality assurance and ISO9000/2000 standards, which can be critical when exporting.
- Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Setting up costing / financial models for managers.
- Practical day-to-day help for current operations and future strategies.
MMEC is a statewide outreach center at the Montana State University College of Engineering, in Bozeman, with field offices in five Montana cities. Missoula-area business advisor Shane Cantrell is based at The University of Montana.
The center is an affiliate of the NIST Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership, a nationwide resource for improving the productivity, economic competitiveness and technological capabilities of America’s manufacturers.
In addition to its company-specific services, the center manages Compete Smart, a biennial conference just for manufacturing peers and allies. The conference programs include results-driven trainings, seminars, resources and networking opportunities.
Find MMEC online at mtmanufacturingcenter.com.